Some men are pretty clued up when it comes to bras but others can be completely clueLESS so we’ve whittled down the 5 things we think all men should know about them! Us girls don’t mind pointing out we want lingerie for a gift, but having to buy it ourselves? Nuh-uh. So guys listen up, as these key facts could be your saviour as you know how much we love lingerie and we know you want to impress. And girls, if you’re reading this, there’s no harm in leaving this web page conveniently open in a place he’s definitely going to see…
- Sizing is everything. As we said, receiving lingerie is the ultimate gift, but if it’s not the right size it can be a bit of a turn off. Doing your research is key, as we’ve said before in our buying guide. Checking out her drawer or asking a friend could help.
- They’re not just a fashion accessory. They’re a must for daily life. Don’t get us wrong, going bra-mando (commando but for bras) is one of life’s small pleasures but a girl's got to have that support! Making sure they’re pretty is also a necessity; it’s all in the material. If it’s satin or lacy, you know we’re out to show it off.
- We don’t expect the world. There are a lot of styles out there so if you don’t know the difference between a plunge and a balconette, we think you can be forgiven. But giving the occasional ask to know what she likes would help. This sort of thing is what the notes bit on your iPhone is for!
- All D cups aren’t ‘massive’. A 30D is very different to a 44D or DD. It’s all relative to the band size – as this handy diagram demonstrates:
The cup volume increases as the band size increases.
Image credit: epbot
- No showing off. Whether you can get it on or off one handed isn’t what will impress. Knowing size and picking something pretty will make you come up trumps in comparison. And who wants to take it off when it looks so good anyway?
These simple things aren’t that hard to remember, and are probably the most key things he’ll ever need to know. Do you agree? Or do you think there’s something we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @Brastop.